Home / Individual

Life Insurance

Term Insurance is life insurance that covers an individual for a specific length of time. It is a key component in most people’s financial plan. Term life insurance provides financial security from the uncertainties of daily living at a low cost compared to other forms of life insurance products. In addition, benefits paid out upon death are non-taxable to a named beneficiary.

Whole Life Insurance provides coverage for an individual’s life at a fixed premium. This type of insurance has a savings component that builds over time and can be used for wealth accumulation. In addition, benefits paid out upon death are non-taxable to a named beneficiary.

Universal Life Insurance is permanent life insurance. It is similar to Whole Life Insurance in that level premiums may be set for the life of the policy. It differs by offering greater flexibility in premium payments, coverage amounts and additional deposits. In addition, the savings component is protected from creditors and has some tax advantages versus other non registered savings plans.

Some applications for life insurance include:

Do you want to review your existing coverage?

Do you want to know what coverage would be best for your situation? Plans are available for people who are hard to insure.

Feel free to contact me at any time by phone at 416-806-5478 or by email at

Living Benefits

“You need insurance, not only because you are going to die, but because you are going to live”

Dr. Marius Barnard

Did you know?*

*1985 Commissioners Disability report

One in three people, on average, will be disabled for over 90 days before age 65

One in 2 men and one in 3 women are predicted to develop heart disease in their lifetime

One in 2.4 men and one in 2.7 women living in Canada will develop cancer in their lifetime

Critical illness Insurance is designed to meet the financial needs associated with recovery from a life- threatening or life- altering illness. It provides you with a lump sum payment if you are diagnosed with one of the illnesses covered by the policy such as stroke, cancer or heart disease.

Disability Insurance replaces a portion of your income when you are unable to work due to illness or injury. Disability insurance pays monthly while you are unable to work. The amount of coverage you are eligible for is based on the amount you were earning before you became disabled.

Can you continue to provide for your family if you became disabled or critically ill? Could you continue to run your business? Would your family be able to maintain its current lifestyle in the event of your becoming critically ill, disabled or in the event of your death? Living benefits often are much less expensive than you think. Contact me for a no obligation quote.

Health and Dental Insurance is for individuals and families (with valid Ontario Health Card numbers) who don’t have group health and dental coverage through their employers. This includes retirees, professionals, entrepreneurs, small business owners and those who work for a company that does not offer health benefits.  These plans may cover drug, dental, vision, and emergency medical expenses during travel outside the province, semi-private hospital accommodation, private nursing, specialists and therapists – not to mention expenses like wheelchairs, crutches and hearing aids private coverage is available.

Health Insurance Quote
For more information, click here or contact Heather directly at or by phone at 416-806-5478.

Travel Insurance

The Canadian government recommends

If you plan to travel outside Canada ‒ even for a day – you should buy travel health insurance before you leave.”

Travel insurance is a personalized insurance product that provides comprehensive financial coverage in the event of a medical emergency or other damage while traveling outside your province of residence. In most cases, we mistakenly think that our provincial health insurance, our credit card coverage, or our retirement plan covers us outside of Canada. Unfortunately, these may not protect us enough, if at all.

Contact me for information or to get a quote.  If you want an immediate quote, click here 

Travel insurance in addition to Provincial health insurance plan will give you the peace of mind you seek and deserve.‘ to v


Have you or are you about to turn 71? You need to convert your RRSP to a RRIF this year. I have access to many plans and can maximize the amount of money you receive each month.

Segregated Funds

Are you interested in saving money, but want to insure that you will not lose any value? Are you self employed or a small business owner and want to protect your personal assets from your creditors? Do you want to get a higher return than those typical in a traditional bank account, money market fund or GIC?

A segregated fund investment may be the answer. It guarantees a minimum return of the money invested in the case of your death or upon maturity regardless of the current value of the plan. I would be pleased to provide additional information.


Do you have a child / children / grandchildren under the age of 15? Do you think that they will get a post secondary education? Would you like to take advantage of the government CESG grant? An RESP (Registered Education Savings Plan) may be the solution.


Saving money for your retirement is not an easy task. Let’s discuss your risk tolerance and perform an analysis of your current financial plan. Together we can work out a plan that will meet your needs. A Registered Retirement Savings Plan may be part of your plan


The Tax-Free Savings Account allows for tax free growth on the money. After-tax income of up to $5,000 per year can be placed into a TFSA. For 2013, this amount increased to $5500. This money can then be withdrawn at any point of time, without penalty. Unlike RRSP’s, which must be withdrawn after the holder turns 71, the TFSA does not expire. To discuss whether a TFSA fits into your financial plan, give me a call.


The Tax-Free First Home Savings Account was proposed in the 2022 Federal Budget. This new registered plan would give prospective first-time home buyers the ability to save $40,000 on a tax-free basis. Like a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), contributions would be tax-deductible, and withdrawals to purchase a first home—including from investment income—would be non-taxable, like a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA).  


Not all savings need to be in an RSP. If you are an incorporated business owner, you may want to use strategies to take money out of your business. Alternatively, you may have maximized your RSP room. If you have a unique situation, there may be other solutions. Let’s talk about your options!

Feel free to contact me at any time by phone at 416-806-5478 or by email at